RECIPE: Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bars
These are slightly sweet, chewy and delicious. Don't be scared away by the gelatin protein powder. I am usually turned off by the flavor of the natural gelatin, but I can't taste it in these AT ALL! I had two big pieces of these bars with some bacon for breakfast this morning! I also included a bar in my son's lunch.
FYI, some links on my site are affiliate links. It's my mission to get nutrient-dense, compassionately raised food into the mouths of everyone on the planet. One way for me to do this is to partner with Amazon and other companies I believe in and share with you the items I personally use in my home and with my family. For my effort, I get paid a percentage of the cost of the item if you buy through my link, and it doesn't cost you anything extra. Thank you for supporting my mission by buying through my links!
Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bars
2 cups blanched almond flour or cashew flour
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup soy-free dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides or Great Lakes Unflavored Gelatin
1/4 cup organic peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup raw honey (or maple syrup)
1/4 cup grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee, softened but not melted
2 pieces of parchment paper
- Line a 8″ x 8″ square pan with parchment paper. I like to use two pieces going in opposite directions, so I can lift the bars right up and out of the pan when it’s time to cut.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together with hands until well combined. The mixture should hold together when formed into a ball.
- Press the mixture evenly into the parchment lined pan.
- Cover with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place into the fridge for 4 hours or until firm.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into bars or squares.
- Store the bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
After you make them, let me know what you think in the comments below!
P.S. Don't forget to download my Real Food Resource List to see where else besides Amazon I buy my groceries.
Check out my Videos
See my tongue-tie journey, Vivos DNA appliance updates, Nemechek protocol, Weston A Price Cooking Videos and more...